Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Last night storm won't let me get on line. Direct tv can't

Customer Question

Last night storm won't let me get on line. Direct tv can't come until next Tuesday. Have been a771 indicated onscreen. Can U help? 2,104165207
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. IRECTV Error Code 771 Print Email771 is an error code that indicates your receiver is having trouble communicating with your satellite dish. As a result, your TV signal may be interrupted. In rare instances, the signal between your dish and the satellite might be temporarily lost due to a severe storm. If you are currently experiencing heavy rain, hail, or snow, please wait for it to pass before proceeding with the steps below. In the meantime, you can still enjoy your favorite entertainment—live or On Demand—on your laptop, tablet, or cell phone.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Your cables may be loose. Check all the connections between your receiver and the wall outlet, starting with the SAT-IN (or SATELLITE IN) connection, and make sure they're secure. Note: If you have any adaptors connected to the cable, please check them as well. You may have a SWiM Power Inserter (pictured on the right) attached to the DIRECTV cable coming from your dish. Unplug it from the electrical outlet, wait for 15 seconds, and plug it back in. Note: Do not plug in the SWiM Power Inserter to a power outlet that can be turned off. If you can easily see your satellite dish, check to see that there's nothing blocking the line of sight from the dish to the sky. DO NOT climb your roof. If you can’t safely remove the obstruction, please contact us to schedule a service call.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
That is all posted directly from DirecTv on their troublshooting page for Error code: 771. If you are unable to rectify the issue using the suggestions above, then you will have to have DirecTv come out to fix the issue since the Satelite is not able to connect with your box. 1-***-***-**** for assistance.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.