Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

JVC DLA-X30BU projector lamp replaced. The stand-by light stays

Customer Question

JVC DLA-X30BU projector lamp replaced. The stand-by light stays red even when I try to reset it and the lamp light stays orange. I tried to set it using the remote. Keep in mind this is a brand new lamp. Any ideas on how to get this working? Thanks, Brad
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Was the old lamp broken that a new lamp installed in projector?- Were the same lights turned On before the lamp replacement?- Is the lamp orange light stay solid or flashing?Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
-Old lamp burned out
-staying solid
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the info, old lamp burned out means it was broken, correct?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Correct. The bulb is good for a 3000 hour life.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
OK, what procedure you have tried to reset the lamp hours timer?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Using the remote, I pressed the "back" button, then the "ok" button, then the "Hide" button and finally the the down arrow on the circular button which allows you to move around the menu if you can see it. This is per the JVC DLA manual.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
OK, please make sure the projector remote is working, try it with new batteries, press each button within 2-second intervals and press the down arrow for 2 seconds or more while projector is plugged in with standby mode.If projector gets good signals from remote in correct sequence then STANDBY/ON indicator and LAMP indicator light will blink alternately for 3 seconds. After that, the unit switches to standby mode. Press power to turn On the projector.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
Hi there, I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!Please reply back here if there is additional questions.Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did the procedure you recommended many times before I emailed you. This has not worked.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
OK, have you confirmed the projector remote is working and sending out infrared signals?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.
OK, I'm not sure why above mentioned procedure isn't working to reset lamp timer, let me repost the question so other experts can have a look. I'm opting out now.Please do not rate the answer as it will hinder to repost the question.Thanks.