Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Was watching the TV and I heard a pop and no picture. The

Customer Question

Was watching the TV and I heard a pop and no picture. The power light is blinking blue and both temp and lamp lights are blinking red. This is on a model 50V710.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Any repair/ part replacement done to TV in past?- Any idea how old is the TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not know if any parts were replaced. Has a date of Sept. 2004
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, pop sound mostly occurs due to shattering of lamp in TV, have you checked the lamp in TV?Please unplug TV power cord from wall outlet, remove the lower front cover from TV which is held by snap on, pull the lower front cover to remove it to find lamp cover, unscrew the lamp cover to take it off to see the lamp cartridge, remove two screws and pull the lamp out for visual check.Please download TV user manual copy and check page 69 onward for detailed procedure to remove lamp..http://www.hitachiserviceusa.com:8080/50V710.pdfIf lamp found broken then replace it which will help to resolve the problem. Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hi there, I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!Please reply back here if there is additional questions.Thank you.