Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My tv is a model E28h-C1, I can't get the vcr/dvd combo player to work on the tv, whe

Customer Question

My tv is a model E28h-C1, I can't get the vcr/dvd combo player to work on the tv, when I bouht it the clerk said plug two outlets to the right and the other cord completely left. That doesn't work, I really would like to use the dvd part of it but don't know what to do, those cables are red yellow and white, I noticed there are hdlm players available, if I bought one could I use it on the tv and if so which port should it go into, thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, If you wanted to just purchase a player with HDMI- that will give the best quality on the set and you can simply plug the player into ANY of the HDMI ports on the TV (it does not matter which one- you simply use the remote to select HDMI 1, 2 or 3 respectively). Now regarding your current player- YES indeed you can connect to the TV, but it would seem you're connecting to the wrong ports, OR not selecting the correct Inputs on the TV. To connect you need to use the specific ports on the VCR/DVD labeled: Audio Out (Red and White). Video Out (Yellow). HINT:( Do not connect to the "Inputs" of the player- only the "Outputs"). Then take the red and white cables- connect to the red and white on the TV. Take the Yellow cable and connect to the "Green" (Y/Video) Port on the TV. Use the Vizio remote's INPUT button and select "AV" or "Video" (whichever is available). Do NOT select Component or any of the HDMI options. Let me know what happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Let me know when you're able to see my reply.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.