Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Picture won't come on

Customer Question

Picture won't come on
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here... -how long have you had the tv?-is there sound coming from the tv speakers? ___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Please reply here.Do not open a new question. I need to know you are able to reply to me here... -how long have you had the tv?-is there sound coming from the tv speakers?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
I need to know you are able to reply to me here... -how long have you had the tv? -is there sound coming from the tv speakers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
green light is on. No sound or picture about 5years old
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed with a meter, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further (previous experience with electronics required).If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted then it is not really worth having the tv repaired because a shop charges $125 to come diagnose the problem and hand you an estimate. Then another $175 in parts and labor. So the total can be $300 (or more).I'm very sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.Before you go please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).Thank you,Mike
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?