Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

Channel tuning not satisfactory can only get 10 channels to

Customer Question

Channel tuning not satisfactory can only get 10 channels to do with abs and channel 9
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are you trying to get new channels, or have you lost ones that you had previously?What specifically are you expecting?Are you using just an aerial?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am trying to get the channels that I had previously. About 33. Everything worked fine until recently. I haven't moved the set.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
How are you getting your stations? Aerial, cable, satellite, etc?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am using an aerial. I will try the call option but I have to go out so it will be later.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Call is optional, we can proceed here if you prefer.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need help with this, Bill?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Nathan,
As I explained before I can only receive channels associated with 9 and SBS which is all I can get with automatic tuning. I have tried manuel tuning for 7 and 10 with no result.
In despairation I took the TV to another aerial outlet and it downloaded all the channels that I had before. I returned to the initial aerial and replaced the Dig Match power injector.
Once more I downloaded the DTV and ' hey presto ' all channels are now available !!It is a mystery as to why some channels were available and others not when the power injector was faulty.Thanks for your interest and I am prepared to pay for the initial contact.Kind regardsBill Creswell
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for the update, Bill. A power injector being faulty does affect the overall signal level, meaning a signal may be detected on some channels still, but not have sufficient data for the stream to actually come through and be decoded. I'm glad it is working for you. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan. Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan