Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a coby LCD TV 2290 and the list remote control

Customer Question

i have a coby LCD TV 2290 and the list for the remote control i dont see the code for this tv help please
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i receive a remote control it wasnt working a techician come to the house, the tv working good but stop working i call their say was the remote and send another one but i dont see the code on the list
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What remote are you trying to program?
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Can you also please confirm if the tv is fully functional, meaning that you can turn it on, access the menu, change volume, etc using the buttons on the side of the tv itself?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my old remote still turn on the tv but don't recive signal from the antenna
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
6.4, as in a dish network remote? Are you actually using an antenna, or is there just a satellite box?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My tv is number 2 the antenna that i say is from the box
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Okay, you should be able to use the channel buttons on the tv itself to get the tv to the proper input mode to pick up signal from the remote, it may be channel 3 or 4, but is usually in the 60s for dish.What happens when you try that?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The tv is channel 60
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
When the tv is set to channel 60 (assuming that is where it is supposed to be) what happens?Just static?Are you sure the dish box is turned on, meaning that tv2 mode is powered on (done by pressing the POWER button on the tv2 remote)?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
I need to know what happens on the coby tv when set to channel 60?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
On the tv i can see the log for dish that say you receiver is off press select
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Okay, so press select on the dish remote.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
on the tv2 dish remote that is
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is not working
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Press the SAT button at the top of the dish tv2 remote first.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?