Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

PANASONIC TH-42PX60U MAIN UNIT TNPA3769 H1 Would this board

Customer Question

PANASONIC TH-42PX60U MAIN UNIT TNPA3769 H1 Would this board if bad, keep the power LED from coming on?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Hi , I`m Jack , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;What is the tv doing now if anything ?Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The TV was working fine when we went away for a weekend. Upon returning the set would not turn on so checked breakers and all was working and power to the outlet. The red pilot light does not come on. There were some storms in the area the weekend we were away. I have replaced the power supply board.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Jack my name is Walt
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Hi Walt.You replaced the power board and its completely dead ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, after replacing that board the TV still will not turn on.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Where did you get that power board from ?
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Is it an online business or something like ebay for example ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, an online business.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
O.k then what i was thinking is that you could perhaps return it in exchange for that main board but before you do , is there a blinking light at the front ?Usually those panasonic will give an error code with the power light
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have seen a lot of you tube videos about the blinking light and the code, no light and no code at all.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
O.k then i`ll start with that board number you gave above , thats the input terminal board and i`d be quite surprised if it was the problem , you are more than likely looking at a defective PA board if you know this power board is functional
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txnpa1bjtue-pa-board.htm
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you tell me how to test the power board to verify that it is working? And, which board is the PA board?
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Do not order anything yet though as you will need to check your version number , here is a link where you can see the various versions and boards ;http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=TH-42PX60U Sorry but i do this in my spare time between calls and spare time is over i`m afraid so i will opt out and repost your question .You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .