Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We have a Sony KPL3S20L1; need to know what year it is and

Customer Question

We have a Sony KPL3S20L1; need to know what year it is and whether it's compatible with Amazon Prime; they need a registration number and I have no idea whether my TV is too old to have this capability or how to find this number.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, The model number you posted for your Sony is not correct. Please check those numbers and post back with it again and I will be glad to look it up.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Let me know when you're able to see my reply.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
KDL3S201
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, you've got the KDL part correct but the rest is still not quite what is on the sticker on the back of the TV. Please write it down exactly as seen on the sticker and I can then look it up.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
KDL32820L1--is that it?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Not quite, but I was able to change the 8 to an S and found it (KDL32S20L1). Looking up that model number now....will post back shortly.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately No- this TV has no internet connectivity of any sort directly. However, there s a workaround. You would need to purchase an external device like an Amazon FireTV stick that plugs into the TV's HDMI port, and then the Fire TV will allow you to access all of your Prime content on the TV. I actually use one with an older Vizio non-Smart TV and it works great. This can be purchased at Best Buy or from the link below: http://www.amazon.com/Fire-TV-Stick-Voice-Remote/dp/B00ZVJAF9G
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** I might need something like that.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
You're welcome, and yes- that will do the trick. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?