Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I want to change my tv input from antenna to satellite through

Customer Question

I want to change my tv input from antenna to satellite through a coax cable. I cant seem to get back to that menu.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I press the "TV" button on my remote and nothing happens as far as adjusting settings. also, I tried resetting to0 factory defaults but am prompted for a password ***** was never set>
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
Hi , I`m Jack , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
Just to make sure I understand you correctly ;You had an antenna connected to the tv with a coaxial cable in the TV's antenna/cable terminal and now you wish to connect a satellite box/receiver , is that correct ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes. That's correct.
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
O.k then and this tv , is it a second tv on that satellite receiver or it is connected alone and right next to that satellite box ?
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
This changes the channel numbers and mode .If it is directly connected to it the it will be channel 3 or 4 but if it is a second tv working on the satellite receivers dual tuner then it will be a channel between 60 and 75 in which case I believe you are looking for the channel search/scan menu , is that also correct ?
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
Can you give me the TV's model number ?
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
I can`t give you the default password ***** help you without that model number
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
Not a known model numberWhat is the brand name and how old is it approx. ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Never mind. I solved it myself. Thanks anyhow.
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.
Westinghouse ld-325No problem have fun and as I said its the channel search you want and a channel between 60 and 75Glad I could point you in the right direction