Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a brand new TC-P55GT30. It turns on. It blinks 7 times

Customer Question

I have a brand new TC-P55GT30. It turns on. It blinks 7 times but never gets a picture. My friend said they tried the small circuit board and it didn't work so it needs the page cur unit board. Could this be true? If so what is the part number?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.
HelloWelcome Is the set under warranty? Anthony
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. Brand new. Someone gave it to me purchased in 2011. Gee squad said it needed a main circuit board? This is what the person that gave it to me said.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Geek
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Need to go to a meeting. I will check back.
No 7 blink codes on all panasonic plasmas is failure of the scan boards this includes Y sus and buffers so that is the most likely suspect what we do is check the scan board supply voltages for short circuit before condemning the board(s) if you wish to do this yourself I will provide all the necessary info, with plasma you have to follow a procedure of checks you can't just say its one board or another the most likely suspect is failure of the scan supply rail likely due to Y sus and buffer failure. Let me know please, geeks never tell you the correct diagnosis I am afraid Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please reply back and I will address any of your concerns, note the question NEVER closes, its open for further advice if necessary Many Thanks Anthony
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I also need a stand. Someone wants to charge me 395.oo to fix it. Bad deal? They tried replacing the small circuit board and it didn't work. I would like help with being able to fix it. Thank you!
Yes I can help you with the fix ultimately it will mean you being able to use a volt-ohm meter well and swapping out the board(s) I am not sure on the cost of the boards for these sets but I would guess around $80_$100 each The stand we can come back too, remember there is a procedure of checks to make with the meter we then order the board(s) let me know when you can do this Anthony
What are your thoughts on this please? Anthony
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Anthony, I bought a voltage meter and took the back off the TV. I think I'm ready to go but have not used a voltage meter before. Are u available?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If you could let me know when you will be available that would be great.
First of all you do need to read up about the meter or look on-line youtube etc how to use it, when you get the back off the set you need to find on the power-board (trace power-cord to it) the Vs and VA voltage test points let me know when you find these.Please understand I do not know your level of practical ability this work is for a tech so you must have used small tools before like screwdrivers, so I hope to be talking through someone who is practical and intuitive someone who has never picked up a screwdriver will be no good with this Anthony