Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My laptop is connected to my VIZIO tv by HDMI cable. I have

Customer Question

My laptop is connected to my VIZIO tv by HDMI cable. I have my ear buds connected by an extension wire to the tv (the tvs speakers are set to off) and they are playing sound. However they appear to be receiving surround sound as the background music drowns out the voices. In the menu options I set the tvs SRS studiosound HD to standard and turned off SRS truvolume. The issue remains.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The only connections to the tv are the power, HDMI from xfinity cable box, extension cord for ear buds, and HDMI from laptop.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please do not answer the question, account will be deleted.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,Adjusting the TV's SRS settings will not fix this.You will need to adjust the sound settings on the laptop before they are passed to the TV.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things work out for you?