Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I read your answer to a question posted 7 years ago, about

Customer Question

Hi, I read your answer to a question posted 7 years ago, about HDMI ports that stopped working on a 50" Panasonic 1080P Viera TV. I have a 42" Panasonic Viera TV (model TH-C42FD18) that has a similar problem - the HDMI ports stopped working, and the PC port no longer works, either. The video-in ports do still function, however. The problem started when I disconnected the cable to the HDMI-2 port while the HDMI-1 port was in use - this seemed to kill the 3 HDMI ports and also the PC port. So here's my questions:
1. does it make sense, based on the boards of this TV, that all HDMI ports and the PC ports would stop working at the same time? I.e. does the main board need to be replaced, or multiple boards? I checked the service manual but couldn't clearly see the answer to these questions.
2. Of the boards do need to be replaced - which ones? (based on my description of non-working ports) I checked partstore.com but couldn't find any boards listed for this model upon my quick perusal.
thank you in advance for any help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Does TV display picture when connect video source to AV input (analog video inputs of RCA jacks)?Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hi, did you get above reply?