Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Netflix has been working fine on my smart TV up until 2 days

Customer Question

Netflix has been working fine on my smart TV up until 2 days ago - now I just black screen - bill is paid - internet is working
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. Do you see any error messages or just black?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Originally not available please try later - now just black screen - other apps like sbs on demand not working either but can access Google through the tv so internet connection must be ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry sbs on demand now working
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Okay try this. Start Netflix, Navigate up and select Settings or the Gear icon. Select Sign Out or Deactivate.Once signed out, sign back in and try Netflix again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry doesn't let me do anything on the black screen - even navigate anywhere else
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
What is the make and model of the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung smart TV LED48
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you. Try this. Unplug the TV then press and hold the power button for approximately 30 seconds. Release it and wait about one minute before plugging it in, then try your Netflix again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still just a black screen - sorry was just checking payment went through which it did on 22 April
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Can you try restarting your router for me please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok tried that but still just a black screen
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Do you have other streaming services installed and working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok sbs on demand stopped now too - error 1001 - try again later
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Are you connecting to your network wirelessly or do you have a network cable connected?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wirelessly but all other devices working normally but now Google not working on tv either - very strange
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, check the wireless network settings on the TV and make sure they are correct and connecting to your network.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the right network and confirms set up and ready to use and subs back up and running too
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Since this seems to be so intermittent, I am thinking you may have some interference between the TV and router. You can try changing the channel your router broadcasts on to see if that clears it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry how do I do that?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Well that depends on the type of router you have and also takes it outside the scope of this question. I can assist you with that but you would need to submit it as a separate question to the network category. The best way is to locate the manual for your router and that will guide you through the process. You could also try connecting a cable from the router to the TV temporarily, then set the TV up for a wired network connection. If it works well, then you know the problem is as I suspected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just one last question why would other channels help if other streaming broadcasts are working? Could it be a Netflix problem?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Well it is possible, but you are having intermittent problems with other streaming services aren't you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just the once - could there be a local problem with Netflix? Should I contact them?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Have you accessed your Netflix account from your computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet - will try
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
When you do, go to your account settings then select Sign Out of All Devices. Try your TV again after that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok phoned Netflix and they have sorted it straight away so that's great. Thanks for your help and patience.RegardsBrian Smyth
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Good. Glad to hear all is working again. Have a great day!