Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

I have an viera tv.trying to show photos on it only showed

Customer Question

I have an viera tv.trying to show photos on it only showed two photos from disc.there are 200 on disc raw format
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What model tv do you have?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
CT-25AB1. And the owners guide says CT-29AB1
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
And you're sure it is a panasonic viera? If so, that isn't a valid model.That model is for an old mitsubishi tv however. Are you trying to use a usb connection?What type of camera do you have?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Panasonic is written on the tv. And viera is written on it.Maybe I have been given the wrong guide
Canon 70d
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Can you look on the back of the tv for the model?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Okay thank you for confirming. As this is an older model tv, its capabilities are somewhat limited.The tv is not going to be able to recognize high capacity memory cards (4gb is about the max it can handle), and it is not designed for RAW files, but rather for small jpeg files.While it can work with larger files, typically any individual file over a few mb is not going to work at all, or will load extremely slowly, as the tv just isn't equipped to process those graphics files and it can take several minutes to load each, making a slideshow difficult and painful to watch. Your best option here would be to use a HDMI cable from the camera to the tv. You can use a mini hdmi to hdmi cable: lets the camera act as the playback device for decoding the image files, and the tv simply acts as a display, no differently than if it were hooked up to a dvd player, satellite, box, etc. This route would be the least cost and best performance for you.Best regards,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more help with this, Colin?