Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Our tv has all of a sudden developed a color shadow over more

Customer Question

Our tv has all of a sudden developed a color shadow over more than three fourths of the screen. You can see the picture, but it is like looking through a fog..Help
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.
HelloWelcome If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu foggy too?or is this perfectly normal? Anthony
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
menu is foggy
OK thanks can you get me the model number please found on the back of the set?thank you Anthony
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
E5001B1 Vizio
How old approx is the set now please?also that was the sets OWN menu with sets OWN remote control that is foggy just to clarify
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
TV is one and one half years old. I did use the tv remote rather than the direct tv remote.
OK I am debating if you should try and get this done under warranty because the set does have an awkward problem that is likely to be the t-con board that drives the LCD display OR there is a chance it could be the LCD panel itself (screen) it may be worth contacting VIZIO via the website and relay to the what I have said www.vizio.com this is the best way forward because it will save you a lot of hassle if VIZIO do take back the set under warranty (because of potential panel failure)If you have probs with that please come back here and we will move on to what should be done next. Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please reply back and I will address any of your concerns, note the question NEVER closes, its open for further advice if necessary Many Thanks Anthony
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK. But, this site forced me to sign up for a membership and I do not want that. The maximum charge on my card should be $28, even though the problem was not fixed. Thank you . Cindy
Cindy its the first stage you should do before coming back here if necessary then I will discuss with you any other action that can be taken so please bookmark the page the question never closes, as for the charges I will inform admin of what you said and I apologize for that I have no control over it. I am only paid a fee by the site (I do not work for justanswer but use the site like you do as a verified technician) when you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you Anthony
Cindy which way are you going with this please?you just left without letting me know your course of action ? Anthony
Cindy how has this panned out please? Anthony