Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I purchased my Sony 40R510C in May 2015 I turn it on, but no

Customer Question

I purchased my Sony 40R510C in May 2015 I turn it on, but no power no indicator light.
I check the plugs nothing going on...
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Hi , I`m Jack , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
What is the tv doing now if anything ?Is there a clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Also make sure that the power adapter is plugged in securely at the back and see if it feels loose in the jack ?
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
You check you checked the plugs but did you check the power adapter itself ?There should be some 19 volts , same as most laptops power adapter , you can see one at the link below ;http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01760NJX6/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687462&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00WS265ES&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1HGBF3WWQ3H2QNHCSJYX
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
If you don`t have a meter to check the voltage coming out of that one then any local repair shop will check it for you free of charge and if it turns out it is the culprit then you can buy a new one at the link I just gave you .Otherwise you are looking at a defective main board part # ***** / A-2066-942-C that you can buy at the link below for $55 ; http://www.amazon.com/Sony-A-2066-942-B-Main-Board-KDL-40R510C/dp/B018MLL0TS This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $200 to $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;www.tvrepairpros.comThis will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town . Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Jack
No clicking sound when I use the remote and directly turn it on from rear , I check the plugs then I remove it from the power surge out let and went to direct plug on wall. nothing
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
O.k then as I sadi above you could have a dead power adapter or the main board gave up .Have that adapter tested in any tv/stereo/computer repair shop and as I said that is the same as a laptop adapter so you probably could find one locally , just make sure it indicates the same polarity for the center pin (+ in this case) or order one of those I gave you the link for
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Otherwise its that $55 main board
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions or need help with that
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Still have questions on this ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will be leaving to pickup a power adaptor,I will keep you posted
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
No problem
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
If that doesn`t do it then get that main board and there you go , all set