Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

There is no signal from the roku to my tv

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Was the Roku working before on this set, or is this a first time setup of the Roku?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Simply send a reply so I know you're there.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Okay good luck.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It has been working for a couple of years
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the reply. Alright, in order to solve this, I need more info. 1) What model Roku is it- the Roku stick, or one of the boxes? Is it using HDMI? 2) What is the model number off of the back of the TV? 3) Is the TV on the correct Input? 4) Have you tried another HDMI cable?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Roku1 cannot get to back of TV for number did. It try another hdmi cable
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Okay, since I don't know anything at all about the TV, have you checked the TV is on the correct "Input"? Also are any other sources connected to the TV using HDMI that ARE working?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
TV is an Lg fairly new nothing else attached to TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
I've asked twice about checking the TV's Input- can you do that please? Also try another HDMI port and select that HDMI (using the LG remote's Input button to select HDMI 1, 2 or 3 respectively).
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Are you still there? Can you reply back as to whether you are selecting the correct Input???
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes I am selecting the correct input I am doing what I always do it says no signal on tv screen I unplugged the Roku and the reconnectEd it a minutes later
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have to go out now will try again tomorrow thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry, but there's no hidden MENU's or special button sequences to push to make the HDMI port on the TV work when it is not. You said you've already tried another HDMI cable, so you're going to need to find out if the HDMI out on your Roku has failed or if the TV's HDMI ports have failed. I would suggest trying another HDMI port on the TV, and aside from that get another HDMI device and connect to the TV as a TEST to determine which device (the Roku or the TV) has the issue. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.