Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I believe I accidentally deleted something ( channel menu?)

Customer Question

I believe I accidentally deleted something ( channel menu?) in the main menu of my Sansui HDLCD 3700 d television last night. Now, I cannot access the channel menu (although, it remains in the menu list. It is skipped over when I am in main menu settings list.) I do not have the original remote control that came with this TV. I know that I will need to access " secret service mode" to enable or download the channel menu so that I can rescan for channels. At present I can access only video 1, video 2,Component, HDM1, HDM2, PC & 4 Analog. Is it possible to fix this easily without the original remote? The RCA universal remote that I have is somewhat different.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Have you tried scanning for channels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot scan for channels. I can't access that part of the menu. Unless you know I trick I don't.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe you should call me on my landline. This computer is in a different room & my cell battery is low. (###) ###-####Lori
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lori,I will check if the other experts can assist further with this.Pete.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- What is connected to TV for channels, antenna or cable box?- Do you use cable remote to change the channels on TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Antenna. No. The remote is a universal RCA brand & is only programed & used for the tv. I am thinking that I will need to restore tv to factory settings. Can you help me to access the secret mode & restore access from the main menu?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Channels are from antenna.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, I need bit time to work on it and get back to you in 15 minutes, is this OK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Thank you.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for waiting. Please use control buttons located on side panel of TV (Channel and Volume up/down buttons) to navigate in menu and use Input button as Enter/OK to execute any setting in menu.Press Menu button to get menu screen, select Setup option and press Enter (input), now select Reset and press Enter (input) to restore TV to default settings. Reset display will appear on the screen for few seconds and TV will restore to default settings. TV may show first time setup wizard, go through it where you would get Channel option to run Auto Channel Memory, select Air option then select Automatic Search and press Enter so TV can run channel scan, this way TV should scan all available channels in area through antenna.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have tried reset several times. The startup wizard does not appear & it still skips past " access to "channel in the menu.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd, there is no info available about secret menu/ mode so let me repost this question for other experts to have a look.I'm opting out now.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found tv repair nearby. I will bring it to shop today for repair.