Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have an LG flat screen TV that I purchased new about five

Customer Question

I have an LG flat screen TV that I purchased new about five years ago. It has worked great until yesterday when it started cutting off after about 2 minutes of watching TV. When I try to cut it on, it seems to come on but nothing shows on the screen and then it cuts itself off. Any ideas? I checked and made sure the power cord was plugged in good.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.
HelloWelcome Can you please get me the model number found on the back of the set?if the set is on the wall let me know Anthony
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is on a shelf over the fire place. I am retired and unable to move the TV easily. Sorry.
OK you do have a problem with the set likely to be a power or main-board issue and you will need to call in a tech however as the set is 5 years old and considered nearing the end of its life (for flatscreen TV) you should consider replacing the set, there is only savings economically if you can do the work yourself ,this is where I would be able to help but it seems logistically because its over the fire place a no go that angle or even if you are capable ,so please consider replacing the set, if you wish to use a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area. Let me know if you need more help Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please reply back and I will address any of your concerns, note the question NEVER closes, its open for further advice if necessary Many Thanks Anthony
Do you need more help with this please? Anthony