Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sharp Aquos LC-60LE81OUN I use a digital air atenna I

Customer Question

I have a Sharp Aquos LC-60LE81OUN
I use a digital air atenna
I get the message: No broadcast now (E203)
On channel 5 only?
All other channels wok fine.
How do I solve this problem? ***@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Joel replied 7 months ago.
Hi Lynn, I'm Joel. I look forward to assisting you with your question today.
Expert:  Joel replied 7 months ago.
Are you able to try a reset on the TV to see if it restores the channel? You can do so by issuing the following for reset:1)Plug in TV then wait until LED start flashing. 2)Press Volume DOWN [ - ] HOLD BUTTON.3)Press Channel UP [ ^ ] HOLD BUTTON.4)Press Power [ (') ] HOLD ALL three buttons on the TV until LED stops flashing and then release.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Joel, it is now Saturday midnight in Utah. Can we chat some time tomorrow?
Expert:  Joel replied 7 months ago.
Yeah that's fine. Let me know when you get a chance to give it a try, thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks. What is the time difference between your time and mine? It is now 12:30 am.
Expert:  Joel replied 7 months ago.
Its 5PM here, I'm in AU
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have completed a reset to go back to factory settings several different ways. I then have gone to initial setup and searched for channels. Every channel works fine except channel five which is NBC. What else might you suggest I do?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I tried following your instructions but I am confused about the LED flashing. I am not sure what the (LED flashing) is?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you sure these instructions work for an Sharp LC-60LE81OUN model TV?
Expert:  Joel replied 7 months ago.
Hi Lynn, yes I have the service manual for your model TV
Expert:  Joel replied 7 months ago.
"Hold down the Volume Down and Input buttons on the TV and keep them held down for the next two steps;Plug in the TV;A white "K" should be displayed on the left side of the screen. Release the buttons;Hold down the VOLUME DOWN and CHANNEL DOWN buttons until the Blue Service Menu appears and then release the buttons;Using the remote control, press the DOWN button to change to the next page;Using the remote, press the VOLUME UP button and then the ENTER button to change and execute the highlighted line (INDUSTRY INIT [Cause]);Unplug the TV to complete the upgrade."
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the followup. I will try the procedure again a see of ot works. Woll report back tomorrow.
Expert:  Joel replied 7 months ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tv unplugged. Holding volume down button and holding input button, plugged in tv. Nothing happened. Tv stayed off. I cant even get the first step to work. .? What is your next suggestion?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
At this point I would like to thank you for your help and suggestions. I have called the customer service department at Sharp Corporation. They indicated they were aware of the procedures you outlined for me but that they did not always work on every TV. They gave me the name of the authorized service company that services Sharp TV's in my area. I have called them and they will come to my home an service my TV. Thank you again Joel for your effort in helping me. It is appreciated. This will end our chat.
Thank you, Lynn