Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

When i use my remote or manually hit my input button, the only

Customer Question

When i use my remote or manually hit my input button, the only two choices that light up are TV and HDMI 2 HDMI 1 and the rest of my options are gray and can not go to them
When i turn my tv on with my Direct TV remote it says HDMI Tuner 1 at the top and No Signal at the bottom of a purple screen When i user my Sony Remote and hit input, it shows me TV and HDMI 2 as the only ones i can choose from
I my TV in this room worked fine until a few weeks ago and thios started happening Do not know if a button has been hit and or something else has changed
The other two TV's in my home work fine and all off HMDI 1 with Direct TV Direct TV tech help says i need to call Sony to find out why i no longer can get my input choices to stop on HDMI 1
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, The HDMI Inputs will be greyed out when either the HDMI cable loses connection, or the Inputs have been "Hidden" in the TV's MENU. If you have no hidden them then please try a reboot of the DTV box. Shut off the TV and unplug the DTV box from power. Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends making sure it's secure. Then plug the DTV box back into power. Once it reboots turn on the TV and see if you can select the correct HDMI port. If NOT simply reply back and I will dig up how to hide/unhide the Inputs.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Okay, on this set- they don't have a way to manually grey out the Inputs- which is bad news in some cases as it could mean the HDMI processing on the set has failed. Please try that reboot and if that does not work, do you have another HDMI cable you can try please?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Are you still having the same problem please?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.