Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman
Experience:  3 years experience
15852642

I CANNOT CONNECT MY INDOOR ANTENNAL AND GET A RECEPTION AND

Customer Question

I CANNOT CONNECT MY INDOOR ANTENNAL AND GET A RECEPTION AND LOCAL STATIONS
MODEL #32hf7543137 serial 3 YA1A0613005005
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, What else have you done besides just connecting the antenna?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NOTHING IT WAS CONNECTED TO CABLE BUT THAT WAS DISCONNECTED
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Okay, you need to go into the settings on the TV, CHANGE it to Antenna from Cable in the MENU, and then run a channel scan. In order to find you specific directions, I need you to check that model number off the back of the TV, as it's not valid (shows up in no searches).
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Do you need assistance with the question you posted?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I THEN GOT A CLEAR T V ANTENNATHE MODEL # ***** ***** THE MENU DOES NOT STATE ANTENNA IN IT'S PROGRAM
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
SORRY THE MODEL NO.. IS 32HF754/37
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I DON'T UNDERSTAND I'VE WAITED OVER TWO HOURS AFTER SUBMITTING MY PROBLEM AND NOW AFTER GIVING ME INCORRECT INFORMATION YOU ARE REFERRING ME AND SAYING I'LL HAVE TO WAIT MAYBE 24 HOURS WHAT KIND OF SERVICE IS THAT?
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV. The numbers 32HF7543137, 32HF7543/7 and 32HF754/37 are all reported back as non-valid Philips product.Still but dependent on the actual model number; a possibility is that this model may not be capable of HDTV / digital television (DTV) television channels of North America or simply known as ATSC (Advanced Television Systems Committee) signals....orIt may need a special setup remote control (for those locked in hotel or commercial mode) for programming from cable to antenna.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the correct Model is 32HF754/37 Ithe serial number which is YA1A0613005005 I also supplied you IF IT NEEDS A SPECIAL REMOTE CONTROL HOW CAN YOU TELL
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
IT WORKS WELL WITH CABLE AS I PROGRAMS IMMEDIATELY AND IF IT IS NOT A PHILLIPS PRODUCT WHY DOES IT STATE SUCH
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ALSO IF THE model may not be capable of HDTV / digital television (DTV) television channels of North America or simply known as ATSC (Advanced Television Systems Committee) signals.WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST IN ORDER TO GET REGULAR T V
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
If not a Philips, then possibly a Magnavox or a rebranded Funai.If not ATSC capable, then the simplest solution to implement is a DTA (digital-to-analog) converter; i.e. an add-on device that does the receiving of the ATSC signals and convert it into Audio/Video signals to be fed to the TV's Video IN and Audio IN jacks.Please click HERE.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
YOU ARE SAYING "IF NOT A PHILIPS" IT STATES IT IS A PHILIPS WOULD YOU NOT KNOW I GAVE YOU THE SERIAL NO. ALSO ARE YOU A PHILIPS TECH. WOULD NOT A TECH KNOW. ARE THERE OTHER IDENTIFICATIONS ON THE BACK OF THE T V THAT WILL STATE THE NAME BRAND WHAT OTHER SIGNS ON THE BACK OF THE TV THAT WILL STATE WHAT BRAND IT IS YOUR ANSWERS ARE NOT HELPFUL
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Might the model number be 32HF7543/37?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
YES I STATED THAT ON TWO OCASSIONS
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately no; please review the above posts. The models number provided were:32HF7543137;32hf7543137;32HF7543/7;32HF754/37 twice.none 32HF7543/37.Perhaps it would be best that I re-open the question as I would rather opt out.Still, good luck with the TV.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
GHOSH IT WAS MY MISTAKE PLEASE FORGIVE ME I DO APOLOGIZE YES YOU MAY REFER ME TO ANOTHER TECH
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. What happens when you try to use the antenna exactly do you get an error?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
24 April 2016 08:28
Pete Pete
TV Technician
Hi there,The indoor antenna may not be strong enough - try using a signal booster attached to the antenna and let me know if that works:http://www.amazon.com/Channel-Master-Distribution-Amplifier-Antenna/dp/B001PI09SEPete.24 April 2016 09:53
I BOUGHT ANOTHER INDOOR ANTENNA A TERK AMPLIFIED HDTV MUCH STRONGER THAN THE CLEAR AND THE MENU ON THE T V DOES NOT HAVE A SET UP TO PROGRAM
HOW DO YOU PROGRAM TO SET UP24 April 2016 05:34
THERE IS NO "auto-tune" option from MY TV THE MENUE STATS
CC
DIGITAL CC MODE ANALOG CC MODE
SLEEPTIMER
SOURCE
PICTURE FORMAT
EXITNOW WHERE DO I GO FROM THEREPete Pete
TV Technician
In the TV's main menu, you should see Channel Install first - select that and let me know what options are showing?24 April 2016 06:25
THE INFORMATION I SUPPLIED WAS THE ONLY INFORMATION STATED YOU SAY MAIN MENU THATS THE ONLY MENU I SEE WHEN I TURN ON THE T V THE ONLY DISPLAY IS IN SOURCE WHICH STATES HDMI ON NETWORK CHANNELS I GET HGVC CHANNEL 95, GAMES CHANNEL 82 AND CD/DVD CHANNEL 81 NOTHING ON ANY OTHER CHANNELSPete
TV Technician
Ok let me check if another TV expert has any ideas on this...
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I HAVE A FLAT SCREEN PHILIPS T V BUT CANNOT GET REGULAR CHANNELS BY USING INDOOR T V ANTENNA BECAUSE ON THE MENU THERE IS NO AUTO SET UP LOCATED THE MODEL NO. IS 32HF7543/37 SERIAL NO. YA1A0613005005 YOU HAVE GIVEN ME THREE TECH'S AND NONE HAVE AN ANSWER
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
WHY AM I BEING REFERRED FROM ONE PERSON TO ANOTHER WHY DOESN'T SOME EXPERT TECH HAVE AN ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM TO ANOTHER WITH NO SOLUTION WHY DON'T YOU GET A PHILIPS T V TECH TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE I HAVE GONE FROM ONE QUESTION TO ANOTHER ALL IN VAIN
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
CAN I GET A RESPONSE ON MY INQUIRY PLEASE
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
"Freddy M. has referred you to a new TV Technician. You'll get a response here and by email typically within 24 hours."Do you really want me to put my last comment on facebook? you sent me this request this morning. i have heard nothing from you since my last comment.yesterday.comment
25 April 2016 11:25
25 April 2016 11:32