Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How can i unlock my tv

Customer Question

How can i unlock my tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m Jack Perhaps I can help you with this problem , please send me a reply when you see this ?I would also require the tv`s model number on the back cover please ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Thank you and the model number please ?Are we talking about parental lock ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LCD2425A100903917 and uts a curtis tv
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Is that a Curtis tv ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry had to step out for a bit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then give me a minute please
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Is it asking for a password ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the menu i can't go past lock so i can get to channel so it can scan for channels on the antenna
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then you mean that when you want to start the channel scan/search it is asking for a password ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No its not asking for a password
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then what is stopping you ??
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean that you cannot scroll right past the LOCK ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.....When i go to the menu so i can do a channel search its not lettin me get to channel because it keep going back to the picture when it get to setup i cant go past that
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Your tv needs to be set to TV mode ( with a channel number on the screen ) in order to get to CHANNEL .How do you get your tv channels anyway ?Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?Or directly to antenna/cable from the wall outlet ,no box with its own remote ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a antenna in it n i use the remote that come with the tv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was gettin them from cable but i turn the cable iff in have a antenna in it but its not on tv mode i guess
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then on the remote press the SOURCE button repeatedly until you see a channel number or it says "TV" then go back in the menu and you will be able to select CHANNELIt won`t let you get to that selection if your tv is not set as TV in the SOURCE selection
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its not working
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
What is not working ?You cannot select channel or cannot set the source as TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Did you try to set the source to TV ???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I set it on tv but it keep jumping back to hdmi1 and it want let me get to channel after i put it on tv mode
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I`m sorry but i will have to opt out now.You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok but no thank you
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially and based on "...keep going back to the picture when it get to setup...", it would appear that the MENU button of the top control panel is stuck. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) is to gently tap on this button a number of times until the unstuck.Similarly, based on "...keep jumping back to hdmi1...", the same issue and proposed preliminary try for the SOURCE button of the top panel.Alternatively, consider using compressed air through the nozzle like tubing.