Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Good Morning, This pertains to a REGZA 37HL67 I have

Customer Question

Good Morning,
This pertains to a REGZA 37HL67
I have owned this machine for several years and no problems.
Yesterday the image became 'shiny' with loss of subtle skin tones and some other saturated color. Best described as 'glaring'.
Screen was setup professionally .. uses a Marantz NR1603 and Apple TV … both of which appear to be working properly with good sound and connectivity to cable and Wifi systems.
Any ideas?
thanks, Rob
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Who set up the system and what else is connected is not relevant. If we want to properly troubleshoot to see what is causing this, I will need you to bypass all of the other components and plug a Cable Box directly into the TV and see if the image is still the same. We need to isolate the issue and remove all off the AV processing from the Marantz in order to get an accurate depiction of what is causing the problem. All components have multiple processors and the audio being fine has no relation to the video processing. So please try those steps and let me know if the image is still poor/glaring without the Marantz in the mix.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Do you need assistance with the question you posted?