Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

When scanning the to responds no channel in this list. Tv

Customer Question

When scanning the to responds no channel in this list. Tv scans, but won't play.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are you using an aerial? Cable?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Okay, you do need to first have the tv set to the TV (not hdmi, etc) input mode, and the tuner mode must be set to Air (not cable) then run the scan again, please.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Cannot find an air switch . No switch apparent on the panasonic
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
this is not a physical switch, it should be in the channel settings.If you don't see it go into the Factory Reset (restore defaults) in the menu so that you can run the initial setup process from the beginning and you'll see it there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It scans and finds 35 channels on automatic channel search, but doesn't then connect it returns to no channel on the list. Please scan channels.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
You have 2 options here,first try updating the software (firmware) and run auto scan again,or adding the channels manually
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where do you find factory reset ( restore defaults)?
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
It is in the settings menu, it may be under help or advanced if you don't see it there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, Nathan. It doesn't seem to be helping. The channels are found by the tv. Then when we push ok it repeats 'scan channels.' The scan completes 100% then repeats " No channel in list'n the TV plays DVDs ni problem and is connected to the aerial that works for the second to...le
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Well the issue is that the scanned channels aren't being saved to memory, which indicates corrupted firmware or faulty memory, hence the desire to attempt to reset, and to update the software.If neither helps, then it is a hardware issue which would require repairs, though you'd spend as much to fix it as to buy a new tv. At that point your next best option would be to hook up an external tuner instead. You can pick one up for $50 or less at dick smith, harvey norman, etc. Example:
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think we need to finish here. The situation has not changed and I am now reluctant to spend more. THANKYOU.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
There is no need to spend more with me or on this support service, if that is what you mean.The situation though has only the 2 possibilities I mentioned at this point, a software or hardware issue. You can update the firmware and if that does not help then the hardware route is the only remaining possibility I'm sorry I can't offer a more instant fix for you, however in cases such as this I'm limited to diagnosing the problem and telling you how it may be resolved, which sometimes requires additional repairs or parts. --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?