Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Don't know how to get Netflix on my Sharp tv hooked up to direct

Customer Question

Don't know how to get Netflix on my Sharp tv hooked up to direct tv?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Just called and subscribed to Netflix and don't know how to receive it?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Just that it's a about a 1999 Sharp tv with a 24" screen
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, DirecTv has nothing to do with getting Netflix. I need the full model number off of the back of your TV.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Do you need assistance with the question you posted?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1994 Sharp TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Thanks. This is an older TV, so not lots of info available. Can you look at the back and front of the TV and let me know if there are Red,White and Yellow RCA jacks on the TV?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No red white or yellow jacks just cable hook up
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
You're going to need a couple pieces of additional equipment to get Netflix on this TV and to further compound things- is the DirecTv box using that cable hook up jack right now?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes the cable goes in there
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What do I need?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Okay, here's the thing- this TV is quite old and in order to get Netflix on it you're going to need: 1) A Roku box designed for older TV's (around $50). 2) An AV to cable jack converter (around $15). 3) A coaxial cable splitter and an extra cable (around $10). So you're looking at $75 worth of parts to get this TV to receive Netflix when a brand new 25" LED Smart TV can be purchased for less than $200 and would receive Netflix directly. SO, let me know how you'd like to proceed- A) The converters and cables ( I will post links and then connection may be simple or hard for you depending on your technical abilities. Or B) A link to a TV that will directly support netflix.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Do you need further assistance? Please let me know which way you're looking to proceed. Again, this TV is very old- and came out long before Netflix was even offered as an Internet service. So, either additional equipment or a new TV is needed. I'm afraid I cannot change those facts, but I need you to tell me what links you would like me to provide as I asked above. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.