Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 2011 samsung plasma pn64d7000ffxza that attempts to

Customer Question

I have a 2011 samsung plasma pn64d7000ffxza that attempts to start up blinks 6 times then powers off. I have replaced thex-main board and still have the same problem. Any ideas?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: attempts to power up, within seconds tv blinks six times then shuts off, no picture but think I still have audio
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: nothing other than I just replaced the x-main board with no success.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome Was there any reason why you replaced X sus (that is usually the one on the right)? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, just a little research on internet sugggesting that could be the problem.
The first things to do is check if the power-board is working and establish if its at least trying to bring up the VS and VA voltages for the scan boards X and Y so you will need a voltmeter for that do you have one of those?in a nutshell just about anything in the set could be making the set trip as that what it appears to be doing Let me know pleaseAnthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I have a voltmeter
Connect up red lead to Vs test point black lead to metal chassis and then switch TV on does Vs come up and then die away or stay up?do the same with the Va look on the power-board for these test points Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
found no vs test point but did find where the vs power to maind board was and could get no voltage out at that location
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did that on va also no voltage, the tv will not turn on with remote or touch switch so not sure if i am supposed to get an out voltage when tv is not on
https://snag.gy/t8u6X0 Click the above both test points are in the top corner of the power-board, you MUST switch the set ON when the probes are in place and take note of what happens
I couldnt mark them exact but its the silver round blobs that are the test points
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
found both points steady voltage on both
OK the meter should be set to dc I will need to know what those voltages are please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tv started losing just picture several years ago and ony randomely, every six months or so last week it did the same thing and shut off several times but turning it back on seem to work until last friday when it would not turn back on, i should still have audio
I will need to know what the voltages are please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as 825 va 220
OK look your voltages are wrong at least for the Vs but it does not matter at this point , you now need to pull out all the ribbon leads and re-connect them so anything that you see that looks like a ribbon lead pull out then re-connect try the set again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did so and now the tv will power on, but no picture or indication of no signal on tv
If you press the menu button of the sets own remote does the menu come up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, when i try to power off the tv with remote the red indicated light just blinks real fast
Can you please check the Vs again that voltage is wrong you should be reading around 60volts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it reads about 8 to 9 volts, double checked
OK there is hardly any Vs disconnect the leads that feed the X and Y boards left and right and take the voltages again, let me know what you get
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
need a little help, can you tell me which are the x & y boards, i want to make sure i am disconnecting the correct boards
The one you fitted on the right is the X board and the Y board is the one on the left (unless you replace the MAIN BOARD which is the one with all the INPUTs on do NOT disconnect that)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, VA-0 and VS-1
So are you saying that with the leads connected and disconnected you get 0 volts?you did say you had 220v for Va??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I reattached all the conectors to the X&Y boards ang got these voltages VA 0, VS 8. When I first took a reading I had VA 220 and VS 825.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.Please reply back if you still need assistance to troubleshoot the problem.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ordered new power board, if that dosen't work I'll call back
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, take your time and reply back with the result to proceed further.Thanks.