Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My samsung smart tv s/n 03nl3cgg504289h will not connect to

Customer Question

my samsung smart tv s/n 03nl3cgg504289h will not connect to the internet. it was working fine
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Hello, Please get me the "Model Number" (not the serial number) off of the back of the set.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Let me know when you're able to see my reply.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
un32j5500af
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. Taking a look now. I had stepped away when I didn't hear back.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
First, please simply unplug your TV from power, and also unplug your router from power. If using a Wired connection, disconnect and reconnect the Ethernet cable on both ends- making sure it's secure. Plug the TV and the router back into power and once the router reboots- turn the TV on and see if it will connect. If that does not work then we need to try to reset the TV to factory defaults. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i do not want a phone call chat is just fine
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i do not want a phone call chat is just fine.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Okay nevermind the phone call thing- you can ignore it. Please read my reply above yours and follow my instructions.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
un32j5500
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
router works with all devices
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
22 April 2016 02:51
router works with all other devises
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
If you're serious about trying to get your TV working again- please follow ALL of my instructions above. Your router doles out IP addresses for all devices. When you reboot everything it sends a new one to the TV. Please follow those instructions to the letter and reply back with the results. I have lots of experience with this.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
done
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
netflix logo comes up - no connection
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Do you know how to reset your TV to factory defaults?
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Netflix problems • Change the DNS to 8.8.8.8. Select MENU > Network > Network Status > IP Settings > DNS setting > Enter manually > DNS Server > enter 8.8.8.8 > OK • Verify that the ESN for Netflix is valid. (Go to MENU > Support > Contact Samsung) Reset Netflix by selecting MENU > Smart Hub > Reset Smart Hub.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
22 April 2016 03:00
Aric Aric
how?TV Technician
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
The instructions are right there? It is telling you to first press MENU, then select Network, etc. Can you follow those instructions and tell me what happens?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
22 April 2016 03:12
Aric Aric
TV Technician
The instructions are right there?It is telling you to first press MENU, then select Network, etc. Can you follow those instructions and tell me what happens?DO YOU SEE THE WORD 'MENU' ANYWHERE IN YOUR VERY CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS?????????????
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Wow, yes I sure do. I am going to opt out at this point- perhaps someone else will assist you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
AND HOW DO I CHANGE THE DNS 22 April 2016 03:16
22 April 2016 03:12
Aric Aric
TV Technician
The instructions are right there?It is telling you to fiKrst press MENU, then select Network, etc. Can you follow those instructions and tell me what happens?DO YOU SEE THE WORD BEFORE 'MENU' ANYWHERE IN YOUR VERY CLEAR .INSTRUCTIONS????????????? HOW WOULD I KNOW HOW TO DO THIS BEFORE YO SENT ME TO THE MENU????
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
DO YOU SEE THE WORD BEFORE 'MENU' ANYWHERE IN YOUR VERY CLEAR .INSTRUCTIONS????????????? HOW WOULD I KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE DNS BEFORE YO SENT ME TO THE MENU????