Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 42" Sharp flat screen LCD HDTV. When I turn

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 42" Sharp flat screen LCD HDTV. When I turn it on there are several thin vertices lines on the left side of the screen. These usually diminish to one or two yellow lines as the tv warms up. This has gone on for some time - months. In the last few days the picture color has taken to suddenly changing to a greenish set of colors. This will change back to the right colors on its own then revert back to greenish colors. Any suggestions? I have checked the connections to the tv from the cable box and the connections at the box. They all are fully in and tight.
Any suggsstions? The tv is about 9 years old. The model number is *****
***** *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to determine what's causing this, I need to ask you for more information. 1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?2) What is connected to the TV for sources (cable box, DVD player, etc.), and does this issue occur regardless of which source you're viewing from?3) If you press MENU using the original TV remote, or the MENU button on the TV itself- does the MENU display normally?