Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I'm ***** *****. JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more

Customer Question

Hello, I'm ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have a 55" LG that's about 3 years old, just out of warranty. The set went black a few months ago and the local dealer replaced some sort of unit in the back. He said it was very difficult to find the part, that it was not in production and had to send to China to find a replacement. The set worked fine for a few months then about a month ago it started going black again. No audio, no video, not even the red light light showing. There seems to be a pattern of the set operating 6 minutes then shutting down for 3 minutes. A code possibly shows just a second before it comes back on which seems to be dui, don't know what that means. When it goes black there is no response to the remote, plugging or unplugging power, nothing seems to affect it. It does seem to be more of a problem during the late afternoon and early evening. Sometimes the set will work perfectly for hours then go in this problem. Is this something that could be fixed or should I just junk the set? Thanks.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , please send me a reply when you see this ?Is the tv doing the same thing it was doing back then ?Do you recall if that board was called the power supply by any chance ?I would also require the tv`s model number on the back cover please ?