Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My volume went out on my tv. We've disconnected, rebooted but

Customer Question

My volume went out on my tv. We've disconnected, rebooted but still no sound. Is there anything we can try?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Hi , I`m Jack , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;You said you rebooted the cable box and also tested with the HTS (home theater system), how did you reboot the cable box and what was the result with the HTS ?I mean is it only the tv or the whole system that lost the sound ?That tv is it a vizio or panasonic ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Only the sound for the TV is not working. The radio has sound through the HTS. Rebooted the cable box by unplugging it and waited until it reloaded.TV is Panasonic.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
O.k then is the cable box connected to the HTS or to the tv for sound ?If you do not normally get the cable box sound through the HTS then there is no use mentioning it.What i meant was , did you lose the cable box sound everywhere or just the tv ?
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
How is this whole thing connected ?Cable box to tv then the tv to hts for sound or do you route the cable box through the hts first and then to the tv ?Can you give me some model numbers , tv and hts ?
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Do you have anything else like a dvd or game that has sound playing ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
TV IS Panasonic VIERA. HTS IS PANASONIC. DVD has sound, only the TV is without sound. All are connected through the HTS.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
O.k and is that dvd built into the HTS ?When you say tv , do you mean the cable box ?I mean if everything goes through the HTS and its working then you should have sound with it as well ??Are you talking about the TV's own speakers or the sound system speakers that has no tv sound ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No the DVD is a separate unit. I'm referring to the TV's sound. It is the only device that has no sound of all the devices.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Sorry but you did not tell me how this was all connected or the tv`s model number and/or if you listen to the tv speakers or sound through the hts etc. Getting late here and i will opt out now .You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you please provide the complete model number of the tv, and the theater system.I also need for you to please detail the exact and specific connections between each device (tell me which cords/connections are used, which ports on each device, etc)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Nathan. Thanks for jumping in. I can provide everything tomorrow. It's after 11 and I'm retiring for the evening.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
No problem at all, just bookmark this page and you can get back with me at your convenience.I'm on west coast time though, so I might not be here first thing when you reply.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Just checking in, do you need more help with this?