Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I have a Sharp TV with serial number###-##-#### Model number

Customer Question

I have a Sharp TV with serial number###-##-#### Model number LC 32D41U.
The picture went out but the sound stays on. I rebooted it and the pictue came back. But then it went out again. (The TV came with the house when I bought it.)
Questions: 1. How old is this tv?
2. The problem is probably the power supply to the "driver light" whatever that's called or the light itself from what I can discover. Is it worth trying to get it fixed or should I buy a new TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop fees.To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...When the picture goes out, if you press buttons on the tv panel like MENU or Volume, does anything show up on the screen? ___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
So basically there are a few different things that can actually be wrong with the tv and more information and diagnosis is needed, including taking the back off the tv to measure voltages with a meter. I can help you with that if you have previous experience with electronics. The parts range from $35 to $70. If you are unable or unwilling to perform this repair then it would not be worth repairing the tv by a shop. Due to the high cost of labor and the low prices on new 32" tv's. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.Regardless of what you decide to do next, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).Thank you,Mike
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
The tv is from 2005 btw.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?