Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Samsung un46c9000zf backlighting not working. menu backlighting

Customer Question

Samsung un46c9000zf backlighting not working. menu backlighting its on 20 and wont
change up or down brightness works. I replaced power supply tv had no power blowing
fuse
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Please elaborate- is there no light to the screen at all? If not, how are you able to see the MENU options?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** take a phone call. If you need more assistance, simply reply back on this page.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Please elaborate- is there no light to the screen at all? If not, how are you able to see the MENU options?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
with a flashlight
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Okay when the backlights are out completely- you can't adjust them, it indicates a hardware failure in the TV. Where did you purchase this power supply board from please, and have you tested any of the voltages using a meter to see if they are present?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
4 years the power supply is in the base of tv so I cant test voltage power supply is new
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Well, then the only other thing that can cause this is the TV's LCD/LED panel itself- which means the TV is non-repairable. Since you don't want to remove the back of the TV and check for voltages, we can only assume the new power supply is in good condition and you have a bad panel. Not much else we can do without testing the voltages to make sure.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Andrews electronics I checked leds they work
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Even new things can be bad. I would much rather check and make sure it's working. How did you "check leds"? I have no way of knowing your technical abilities and I want to provide you with accurate information. The more information you post back with and the more you're willing to do to check things, the better the help you will receive.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
led tester
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Does screen glow/ show backlight for a second when press power button?Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no sign of screen coming on , the audio comes on fine this tv is different the base is were all pc boards are mounted
making it hard test cause you have to remove base from screen
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
I understand, only t-con and IR board are located at rear of panel and rest of boards are mounted on base of TV, is this correct?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, since power board has been replaced and backlight LEDs have already been tested and found good then only thing left is main board of TV which controls backlight system (turns it On and off and controls intensity of backlights) and it seems main board has got internal issue of backlight system, please get the part number off of label pasted on main board in TV and search/ google it to get price and stock info to order it, replacement of main board will help to resolve the problem.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I also tried to call you on this, but yes Shahid is correct with his diagnosis, I am sure of that;-)If you need us further please let us know. Thank you and have a great day!Tech Mike
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.