Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I just replaced the color wheel on my Samsung H 617W. The picture

Customer Question

I just replaced the color wheel on my Samsung H 617W. The picture is great and the whining noise is gone. But the remotes (original & cable box) that used to control it no longer work. I have to turn it on and adjust volume using buttons on right side of TV. Did I fail to reconnect something properly, or inadvertently loosen a connection?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just did. What else do you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a Samsung HLN 617W. (Auto correct changed it after I typed)
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 months ago.
HelloWelcome The IR receiver board should be in the front of the set can you see a little window for the IR signals on the front of the set please? Anthony
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you have any experience with this model? There is no window for the the IR signals. The IR sensor is in the middle of the screen. Listen, I replaced the color wheel, and now the remotes don't work. I've found online discussions with several people having the same problem. One person eventually said that they found the solution without having to take the whole thing apart again, but didn't say what the solution was. So since this is not an isolated incident, someone with knowledge of Samsung DLPs should have encountered this before or know how to find the answer. I thought the easiest route for me was using this service. I don't have all day to type back and forth. Can you help me or not?
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. This sounds like a problem with the IR sensor inside the TV itself. When you replaced the color wheel did you disconnect anything else?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I disconnected a LOT of things--which you have to do to get to the color wheel. I thought that I put everything back the way it was. If I knew what I didn't reconnect, I would not be asking this question. I could just open it back up again and look around to see if I see anything. But if you know anything about this DLP, then you know that's a lot of effort. That's why I'm trying to use this service. Tell me specifically, with words and pictures and diagrams, where the IR sensor connects to whatever I had to remove to replace the color wheel.
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 6 months ago.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.