Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

Hitachi led lcd hdtv le55a6r9 to a PC weak no signal error

Customer Question

hitachi led lcd hdtv le55a6r9 to a PC weak no signal error message in pC mode
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What connection are you using to the pc?Is it a pc or laptop?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
laptop, its a VGA cable
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Okay you may be missing a few steps here,you have to enable the vga output on the laptop, usually with the FN+F5, F6, or F7 key (the key should have an icon of a box with an arrow coming out) to cycle through the options (mirror/duplicate, extend, etc).You also need to set the resolution to 1920x1080 or 1024x768. Let me know if that helps. Nathan
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately, this did not resolve my issue. Although I had tried your suggestions previously on my own before I just tried them again and they did not work. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Your laptop graphics card may not be compatible with this tv. It was not designed for tv use, but for use with a monitor, so it doesn't always work.Does your laptop have a hdmi port on it, or even a DVI port?Have you tested the laptop vga port on another monitor?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This new TV is a replacement for a TV I had previously hooked up my laptop to.
The laptop does not have an HDMI or DVI port.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
There are a few other things to try,you can go into the graphics card properties on the laptop and adjust the refresh rate (try 59 instead of 60), as well as update to the latest drivers for your graphics card, if any are available.Beyond that, the only settings that pertain to this are the already mentioned output and resolution adjustments. If none of those work, then there is a signal compatibility issue.Your best option at that point is to hook up an external adapter. Example: added benefit to this is that you get audio through it as well.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?