Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

Sanyo TV with no sound ***** ***** JA: Thanks. Can you give

Customer Question

Sanyo TV with no sound ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hear crackling instead of sound no sound on any input
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website..To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...1. What is the model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv2. How long have you had the Tv?___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Had the tv for about 2 years
model number DP42841
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Since you have checked all inputs then the board inside the tv is defective and needs to be replaced. That means taking the back off the tv, getting numbers off the board, ordering the exact replacement, installing it into the tv. If that is something you want to do yourself then reply back so I can give you more details. If you are unable or unwilling to perform these repairs then a repair shop needs to be consulted. To find a trusted local shop near you, enter your zip code at I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.Regardless of what you decide to do next, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).Thank you,Mike
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes I would like to replace the board myself. Can you please give me details?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Did you try the HDMI inputs?Did you try the Analog audio/video inputs?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?