Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

How do i remove dell tv from power save mode?

Customer Question

how do i remove dell tv from power save mode?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, If the TV is stuck in standby (what you're referring to as power saver mode), it is not something you can shut off/turn on- it generally points to the Mainboard having locked up and failing. This generally is going to require replacement of the Mainboard to fix the issue. However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need further help once you're able to see my reply.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
If that does not work, then the Mainboard needs to be replaced, which is part number: Dell CBPFEF5KGHDAJP, and it contains the main processor for the set. These symptoms directly indicate that the processor has failed and the Main would need to be replaced. Unfortunately, that board is showing as out of stock form all of the vendors we use:
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
I realize that's bad news, but given the age of the set, and the fact that it's only a 26" (which can be replaced with a brand new 26" LED for about $200), it does not make sense to pursue repairs on this unit. Dell has not made a Plasma in over 7 years, and parts are very scarce on a set that is no longer supported I'm afraid. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?