Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The picture quality on our TV is totally snowy, though we can

Customer Question

The picture quality on our TV is totally snowy, though we can see the programs and have proper sound.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We want to know what to do to clear up the images on the screen. Up until now, we have had no problem. It has been colorful and crystal clear.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the make/model of the tv?Is it perhaps a samsung or mitsubishi projection tv?Does the issue happen on all sources/inputs?Does it affect the tv menu screens?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
-Toshiba/DIVX/ w CD and DVD players. These come in CLEARLY. It is only the TV itself that is snowy.
-ALL stations
-Menu screens are also fuzzy
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
What is the make/model of the tv? What is the source of your tv channels? (antenna, basic cable, cable/satellite box, etc)?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Basic cable
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just checked my bank account. I was told you would charge me $18.00. I signed up for NOTHING MORE than that. REMOVE THE $23.00 and 5.00 charges or I will make life miserable for you.YOU ARE SHISTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
You replied initially to an automated chat/advertisement, the total amount you would have had to agree to proceed appears to be 28, not 18.You paid your fee to the site, not to me. I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. If you wish to continue, again, I'd need the complete model number of the tv.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I no longer need your services. There is a STOP PAYMENT in action. What you are stating is not clear at all in my thinking. I agreed to $18.00 only. Anyone might guess as to what the bill will ultimately be. Again...SHISTERS!!!!
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
I'll opt out of the question. If you wish to discontinue, you can easily do so through the help page to cancel/refund.If you decide you'd like further help, feel free to get back in touch. Have a nice day.Nathan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
AND the $18.00 was to be charged ONLY IF the problem was solved. They were pretty quick to withdraw the money from my account not knowing whether it would be solved or not. Rather "corny."
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.