Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Problem getting channel 9. I connect to station but it won't

Customer Question

Problem getting channel 9. I connect to station but it won't stay on. Switches off after about 5 seconds and then connects again before repeating the procedure again.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi Ron,The signal for channel 9 may be weak in your area - try using a signal booster and let me know if that helps?http://www.dicksmith.com.au/tv-video/antennas/signal-boosters
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No not a weak signal. I am in a retirement village and the signal has always been OK.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
The signal strength for some stations can change suddenly for many reasons - changes in the weather, interference from other signals and devices, a change made by the broadcaster, etc. Can you try connecting a signal booster and let me know if there is any improvement?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Still don't think this is the problem. My neighbor's and other people have no problem with this station. We are all connected to the same outlet.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Each outlet will vary slightly in strength as well. You can of course choose to ignore my advice if you wish to do so.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Pete
Lets say that I have tried a booster and it didn't fix the problem. What would you advise then.?
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Next I would test a different TV on the same connection, as you say all other TVs in the building are working.If another TV works ok on your connection without a signal booster then the built-in tuner in your TV has a fault.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Still waiting to try another tv. I am away for 3 weeks so can't do anything until my return
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
That's ok, thanks for the update!Just reply back when you are ready.(you may receive automated notices from this website in the meantime which you can ignore)Pete.