Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have purchased a Samsung UA60F8000 60" Full HD Flat Smart

Customer Question

I have purchased a Samsung UA60F8000 60" Full HD Flat Smart TV F8000 TV, only to find out it has a red line down the centre of it and the left of the screen appears black. It has a sign that says The TV's camera is currently deactivated so Motion Control and related apps can't be used.
Can you give me a price on how much this would cost to be fixed or should I sell it as spare parts?
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It might cost from about a hundred or so dollars to fix it yourself, if you were lucky, to several hundred or more to have it fixed by someone else (and that price really depends on what they charge, and whether they guarantee a fix or just want repair fees basically.) (That does not count the TV camera error, which might be serious and warrant more $ on the price, or might be a trivial matter of readjusting settings. Also, this might possibly be an unfixable 'lemon' device, which does rarely happen.) If you wish to fix it yourself, obtaining a service manual would be advisable. Let me know if you are interested, and I will research for you as to what service manual sources are available. (A service manual can save you a lot of money in parts swapped out that turn out not to be needed, etc.)