Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My. Sound is very minimal on my 34 "Bravia - it has worked

Customer Question

My. Sound is very minimal on my 34 "Bravia - it has worked well bu
T recently just a faint sound ( all channels )
Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, How are you receiving your broadcasts on this set- is there a cable box? If so, then have you tried rebooting the cable box and then using the cable remote to turn the BOX volume up, and then the TV volume up (each has it's own volume control)? Also, what is the model number off of the back of the TV please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Small cable box , 3x5. Only local channels
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Okay, not sure what you're saying. Only local channels have low sound? How about a brand and model of the cable box? Also did you reboot it and follow the rest of the instructions I posted?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry - low sound all channelsI will reboot in 10 minutes when home
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Okay, sounds god. When home, please do not forget to rate me if that works. Or if not- reply back so we can continue.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tried reboot
Tell u when we talk
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** take a phone call. If you need more assistance, simply reply back on this page.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a small box 3x5
No volume or channel controls only cable hook up
The reboot didn't help
( when I switch to Amazon Fire stick, volume is ok )
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm running everything thru stereo - but no tv volume either way
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No name on the box
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
If Amazon volume is fine, then the issue is isolated to the box. If the volume was working before just fine off this box, and you're saying there's no volume on the box, then contact your cable provider and have them swap the box- since the TV is not the root cause of the issue, and all you can try on a user level is to reboot the box. The cable company rents you those boxes- and they are responsible for their functioning normally.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
If you need further assistance, please reply back with some more details- such as: Was the box volume operating normally before?Also whom is your cable provider and are there ANY markings on the box at all?I have no way of seeing the equipment you have.