Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Name is ***** ***** tv starts up and displaysmitsubishi elect

Customer Question

Name is ***** ***** tv starts up and displaysmitsubishi elect and turns off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No error code displayed on screen
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ed-60c9. Connected to a Bose system. I tried unplugging the tv to reboot but n g
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Cable input is fios
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But those things wouldn't cause the tv to turn off
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the info, TV model number would be WD-60C9I'm working on it and get back to you in 5 minutes, is this OK?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes thank you
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for waiting, it seems TV doesn't boot up fully and gets reset after welcome screen for some reason, possible causes are either TV firmware (internal software) has been corrupted or main board of TV has got internal failure that makes TV reset during boot up process.We need to try easy thing first, lets upgrade TV firmware. Please go to following Mitsubishi link and download 'software upgrade 11.03' file along with 'instructions for software upgrade' pdf file that contains detailed procedure to proceed... https://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/support/documents/WD-60C9 Please follow the instructions mentioned in software upgrade file for successful update that should work to resolve the problem as it has worked most of the time for similar symptoms in this model.Just in case if software upgrade doesn't work to fix the issue then I'm afraid it would be hardware replaced failure and main board of TV will need to be replaced which would cost good money. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...http://www.tvrepairpros.com/I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks I'll try that and get back with you
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Sure, please take your time and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.