Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Been gone six weeks. Tv was fine when I left. Came

Customer Question

Been gone for about six weeks. Tv was fine when I left. Came home and the tv will come on, but the picture is blurred. Thanks. Hope you can help me.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Can you please start by getting me the model number off of the back of the set? Also, what sources- cable/SAT box, DVD player, home theater, etc. and are they ALL blurred?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Cable. DP46849. Sanyo tv. Do have DVD hooked up and have not used it. Thanks.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Cable can mean a few things. A Cable "Box", or direct cable from the wall? Also please try that DVD player- since IF it's clear, then it tells us the problem isn't the TV bu rather the cable feed/box. Let me know, that is the test we use in the field.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I sent you the information. Cable box from Xfinity. Do not have a DVD here. Should I unhook the DVD player?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
You just sent it now, it's not anywhere else on here. No you shouldn't unhook the DVD player. Turn the player ON and switch the TV over to that. Press MENU on the DVD player remote. Let me know IF THE IMAGE from the DVD player is blurry since it tells us IF the TV or your cable box is the cause of the blurriness.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Or if you're unable to do that let me know.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Don't have a DVD to see if it is burred.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Don't have remote to DVD player either.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That is okay. Cancel this for me. I am willing to pay the deposit. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thought I would have an answer immediately
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Do you need more help with this? Aric has stepped out, but I can help if you'd like to continue.otherwise, you can cancel/refund from the help page.Nathan
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want to cancel this. Thought I would get an answer immediately.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
It takes some time to communicate back and forth to get necessary details to properly diagnose the problem, so an instant answer is not always possible if all of those details aren't included from the beginning. Again, you may cancel from the help page.If you want to continue instead, now or later, reply back here at your convenience.