Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My tv keeps turning off making it impossible to watch a program

Customer Question

My tv keeps turning off making it impossible to watch a program and frequently will turn on during the night. I have rebooted it and had the cable checked. What's wrong. I'm getting frustated
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, sorry you're having problems. How long have you owned the set for and when did this problem occur? The reason I ask is that these symptoms (TV turning itself ON in the middle of the night, and turning itself off randomly) is a fault in it's Mainboard and requires replacement of this part in the TV. Also, I can find you a source to buy the board if you can swap it yourself and this will save you $200 over a shop. However I am not sure if you're looking to repair this yourself or not? Please let me know.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.