Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Trying to move closed captions to top of tv screen JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

trying to move closed captions to top of tv screen
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am trying to learn Spanish by watching Spanish channels w/cc when I pause tv to read captions the recording pause bar covers up captions. Trying to move cc to top so that pause bar dose not cover - giving me time to study the captions
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. What you want to do is difficult. Especially, it is difficult for me to say what to do, when I do not know what the TV maker and model # ***** In the TVs I have seen, the position of the closed captioning cannot be dictated. And irregularly, it goes to the top of the screen, possibly to avoid covering up something at the bottom of the screen that is considered essential... channel logo, advertisements, text already on the screen at that position. I'd advise you to either choose another way of pausing TV... you say the 'recording pause bar'... but if you are pausing the TV, without a TiVO device or similar device, then the problem may be that you are recording it, simply. Why not - if you are recording it - record the whole program, then replay it, feeling free to pause the closed captioning at will?...or else, go into the Closed Captioning settings on your TV (whatever maker and model it is) and choose CC options that suit you better.