Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Samsung model UN48H6350AF tv that is flashing light

Customer Question

I have a Samsung model UN48H6350AF tv that is flashing light and dark or strobbing. I see that on the 46 inch model there is a jumper JP852 or 854 that you can cut to stop the issue. What jumper is there to cut for the 48 inch, it does have JP852 or 854
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the TV Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: nope thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.
HelloWelcome Please let me know when you are on-line so I know you are there thank you Anthony
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am here.
Hello Sorry for delay because you seen this issue with the strobing on another model it does not mean its applicable to your set it only covered about 2 or maybe 3 models your model will not have the same power-board fitted, so that being said is this happening with other inputs too like a DVD player for example? Anthony
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Anthony. I am not sure will have to try. Only have cable box connected now via HDMI, there are other HDMI ports I can use as well to eliminate that.
Full storey is that this TV is outside under a fully covered cabana so no direct weather exposure but more air moisture than if inside a home. Live in Bahamas so its pretty hot all the time. TV is about 1 and 1/2 years old. I saw one jumper on the power board that looked a little rusty maybe that is the cause?. Can a jumper be replaced by a layman? Or best to order a new board?
Will try connect other device and let you know.
I need to know this info before i can move on thanks Anthony