Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

It's my jvc tv model number lt-40dg51j the power button

Customer Question

Hi it's my jvc tv model number lt-40dg51j the power button was flashing blue..I know have it on steady blue but it's not turning on!? I need help! X
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Nothing has happened to it, it was working just fine and suddenly it's not!!? I have seen on forums about pressing the menu and volume down button and power button but the problem I have is there are no buttons on the side of the tv...only on the remote
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2014 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. This is one of many cases of a once high quality and well known brand licensing their name to low quality generic manufacturers. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds (your tv does have a power button, but it is part of a multipurpose control "wheel", at the lower left corner of the tv, press in from the side and hold for power function)4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor. For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $300 range. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?