Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My tv will power on and has a picture but after about 15 minutes

Customer Question

my tv will power on and has a picture but after about 15 minutes goes out with only sound and no picture.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.
Hi there,Can you still see a faint glow from the TV screen in a dark room? If you can, then the backlight is working and there is a fault elsewhere.It will most likely caused by a failing power supply board - when it gets warm, a faulty component on it is shorting out and causing the picture to disappear. In cases like this, the TV can be restored to working order by repairing or replacing the faulty power supply board.A local TV or electronics repair shop will be able to carry out this repair for you if the TV is no longer under warranty, and it will typically cost around $150.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.
Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things work out for you?