Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a 55" Viore HDTV and the HDMI works on my Roku and my

Customer Question

I have a 55" Viore HDTV and the HDMI works on my Roku and my Google Chromecast, however when I connect my Xbox 360 or my Xbox One with HDMI it will not show picture. They both work with other tv hdmi inputs and the 360 works as component on the Viore. Is there a known issue with Microsoft?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the complete model number of the tv?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a LC55VFZ61 model
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for confirming. This isn't a known microsoft issue, though there are several known compatibility/quality issues with the Viore tvs in general.This points to a hdmi communication (hardware handshake) issue with the tv. There are a few steps we can take to reset the system, however you may be better off just switching to component, there is really not going to be any appreciable difference in the picture quality between the 1080i and 1080p signals. To try the reset:Unplug power and all hdmi cables to all devices (tv and xbox).Let each sit at least an hour with no power, then power them up individually, still with no hdmi connected.Unplug power again, reconnect hdmi between themPower up tv first, xbox next, check for connectivity. Nathan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have tried that before and the Roku works with HDMI perfectly. The Xbox One is brand new and works on another tv fine. I even took the cable from the Roku and plugged it into the Xbox and no signal. Back to the Roku and great picture again.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
You tried this complete and exact process already, with the xbox?